Friday, June 12, 2009

Is This Home Sickness?

Its a Friday night and yet again, I'm home with nothing to do. Back in Canada, something would occupy my Friday nights. A dinner date with my girls, chilling with my family or at work. I'd be doing something! Don't get me wrong, I love NYC, i keep hearing how amazing this city is and all the things I have to do here, but where am i supposed to start? Who's supposed to show me Amazing NYC?! I wish I had the social aspect here, that I had back home. I need the interaction of people my age who are interested in the same things that I am.

I'm very impatient, so I can't help but ask myself if I'm trying to rush meeting friends. Each time I meet a young person, I say to myself, "Maybe this person will be my friend and I'll have a companion!" But so far, it hasn't worked out like that! I have yet to meet someone who I wouldn't mind spending time with after work. Guy or girl!

I'd put my life on it (or all the money that I don't have) that in August I'm going to have so many friends, that I won't want to ever leave NYC. It'd be just my luck that after 3 months in the city, I make no friends and then the month before I go home, I'll meet the man of my dreams or make some life long friends, whom I just cannot leave behind and will miss them dearly once I get back to Toronto.

SO what is this I'm feeling? Is it just the desire to to have a social life? Or am I homesick, cause home is where my social life is...

No comments: